Phone: (651) 398-0775
Postpartum Rate: $30 to $40
Fee Details: Get a better hourly rate of $37 per hour when you book a larger amount of hours. I serve you in 4 to 8 hour increments. I can do housekeeping, organization, grocery shopping, meal planning/ preparation, infant care while you rest and relax, and help you process your birth experience. I have over 20 years of experience working with children and families. I also offer ongoing Mothers Helper Services after the first 3 months, along with house cleaning services.
Postpartum Doula Experience: 10 years and 62 families served
Clients per Month: 1 to 4Postpartum limits/restrictions: NA
I work as a doula for The Minnesota Prison Doula Project-- a program which provides doulas to incarcerated mothers.
Languages spoken: English
Hope helped us after the birth of our first child. While I was feeling overwhelmed and exhausted, Hope came alongside my family by helping in several ways. She was amazing with my daughter, and gave me some respite when I needed to nap or take some time for self-care. She also grabbed some groceries for us, and helped out with bottle washing and baby laundry. More than the physical help she provided us, she brought her caring, thoughtful and peaceful presence to our home. Hope is a lovely human being, and a great Doula!
Hope was a calm spirit that made the birth of our second son a great experiance. Our whole family loves her and are so grateful for not only helping us with our birth, but caring for us in postpartum time too. She honored our choices and was an listening ear during some challenging breastfeeding/post emotional times. Hope wants you to feel like you are being understood and cared for and we were 100%.
I don't know what we would've done without Hope! Her supportive, non-judgmental, thoughful personality made me feel safe to ask questions and share how I was feeling. She prompted important conversations for my husband and I, and helped us feel prepared for what was to come. When we had an unexpected complication late in the pregnancy she was right there to listen to our concerns and give us lots of helpful information about our options. Her peaceful presence eased my fears in the hospital and she was right beside me & my husband during the c-section to continue providing support. Her postpartum help has been just as valuable. She is the best listener and totally validates our feelings; giving suggestions without imposing.
Hope Lien is an exceptional doula & I believe she was the reason my post-partum experience was so wonderful. Here's why:
1) Hope is an outstanding lactation consultant. I had trouble nursing my 1st child so I was looking for someone who could closely guide me after the birth of my 2nd. Hope guided me every step of the way. She helped me to establish a good latch, to increase my supply, to set up a pumping schedule and, basically, to overcome my fears related to nursing. I'm still nursing my 11 month old -- I completely owe this to Hope.
2) She was 100% reliable. I wanted her in my home almost all the time for the first 2 weeks post-partum & she was there for me. For months after that she continued to come to my home as much as I needed. When she couldn't be there herself, she made sure another trusted doula (whom she'd introduced me to) was there. Hope also made herself available to me 24/7 via phone & email. I was never alone.
3) Hope has an enormous amount of knowledge about newborns. Any question I had, I could turn to her to answer.
4) She was amazing with the baby. I quickly felt comfortable leaving him with her so I could get some rest or take a shower. I learned so much from her about how to soothe him & meet his needs.
5) She was amazing with my family. She made herself comfortable in our home without being intrusive. We all adored her.
6) She was amazing with me. She met my needs before I even knew I had them! She made my post-delivery recovery much easier.
7) She was amazing with our house! I feel unsettled if my house is in disarray. Hope knew this & made sure everything was in order all the time.
8) Hope has a serene, calming energy, which I loved.
There isn't enough space here to include everything Hope did to make my precious early days at home with my baby beautiful, relaxing, & easy. She is a treasure.
I was pregnant with my second child and really wanted to experience a natural childbirth. My first birth experience was something I did not want to repeat so I looked into doing pretty much the complete opposite of my first experience. I knew having a doula would help me to reach my goal of having a natural childbirth so I was very open to the idea. It was wonderful to meet with Hope a few times before the birth, she shared a lot of information that helped me to feel more confident in the decisions I was making. She worked hard at finding and answering any questions I had. During the actual labor she was amazing. I labored mostly at home and during that time she came over and supported my husband and I through the contractions and had a lot of great suggestions on how to coop with the pain. Hope has a very calm demeanor and was able to help me relax even through contractions. She continued to support us through the car ride, the short time I labored at the hospital, and through the baby’s birth. I look back on my birth experience fondly and know that a big reason it turned out how I hoped it would was because of the wonderful support Hope gave both my husband and I through the pregnancy, birthing, and post birth experience.
= Available. Calendar last updated: 12/9/2019 9:33:20 PM