Birth Fee: $50 to $500
Fee Details: I am a student doula trying to finish my certification with DONA and want to be able to be affordable for all births that need and desire a doula! I am very flexible.
Birth Doula Experience: 1 years and 5 births attended
Clients per Month: 1 to 2Attends hospital births? All Hospitals
I have previously volunteered at the Atlanta Birth Center as a midwife assistant.
Languages spoken: English
I used Cj as my doula for the birth of my second child after a not so great labor a delivery with my first. I went in to be induced and had my water broken CJ arrived shortly after, she helped suggest ways to help labor progress and differant ways to cope with the contractions. She also had my fiance involved and I was able to get through labor and delivery without an epidural and I don't think I'd have been able to accomplish that without her help.
Carissa was my main support throughout my entire first pregnancy from January - September 2014. When I went into labor, she arrived at the hospital shortly after I did and helped guide me through delivery. I did have some complications as my son's heartrate kept decelerating from having no breaks between contractions so I was given medication to slow down the contractions. Unfortunately, this also stalled my labor. Carissa was with me the entire time, feeding me ice chips, encouraging me, and engaging with the doctors and nursing staff on my behalf. She even talked with my husband who was out of town and trying to fly back home to give him the right information so he could make it in time for our son's birth!
At one point, the anesthesiologist came in and shocked us all by telling me I was going to have a c-section (this was a first-heard)! When my OB-GYN finally came in, he said he'd been monitoring me from the OR (where he was with another patient) and he thought I would need a c-section since my son's heart rate was decelerating. Carissa intervened on my behalf as I was weak and scared at that point and protested the need for a c-section since everything at that point was fairly calm. The doctor acquiesced and allowed us to wait until I dilated to 10cm and tried to delivery vaginally before resorting to a c-section.
My husband finally arrived later that evening and I eventually dilated to 10cm. I pushed for about 15 minutes, but my son's heartrate kept decelerating every time I had a contraction and more so when I pushed. Carissa was with me the entire time, holding my hand and encouraging me through it all.
Unfortunately, my son couldn't descend and his heartrate kept decelerating so we went into an emergency c-section and Carissa waited outside the OR until my son was born. I'm so happy she was there that day. I don't know what I would have done without her!
= Available. Calendar last updated: 11/10/2019 11:39:05 AM