Phone: 415 752 6992
Postpartum Rate: $40 to $55
Fee Details: Please see my website for detailed information about services and fees. https://www.doulasf.com
Postpartum Doula Experience: 3 years and 7 families served
Clients per Month: 1 to 3Postpartum limits/restrictions: The number of clients I book is dependent on how many hours the clients require. I am trying to assemble a schedule of 30--40 hours per week.
I am a member of the San Francisco General Hospital Volunteer Doula program for the last two years. I've completed my 100 hour commitment and continue to volunteer 1-4 times a month as my schedule allows.
Languages spoken: English
If money grew on trees I would still be living this dream. I hired a night doula for #2 because getting sleep is a game changer.
I had no idea if my baby was going to be a sleeper or not (my first was not), so I hired Michele because she sounded open to doing other things to help out around the house during the night shift. She proved to be an incredibly hard worker, and a huge help. It’s probably best to just list all of the amazing above-and-beyond things Michele did:
In addition to taking great care of my newborn:
- I woke up to hot coffee and breakfast made.
- She helped to plan and make meals for our family, which is a challenge with a breastfeeding pescatarian, a meat and potatoes loving husband, and a toddler. She brought terrific recipes, prepped and cooked so all I had to do was heat it up = amazing.
- Brought baby in to breastfeed with a hot cup of Mothers milk tea.
- Stocked the fridge with healthy snacks for breastfeeding (lactation balls which i am now addicted to, etc)
- Prepped frozen smoothie packets to pop in the blender.
- Packed my toddler’s lunchbox
- Folded laundry
- Organized my pantry
- Unloaded groceries
- Tidied up living room and baby’s room
- Played games with my toddler when he woke up at 5/6am
- **Cooked us Christmas Dinner y’all** I’m talking the works. We didn’t even ask, she just offered.
- Special surprise treats, like brought over her Belgian waffle maker, homemade pickles, blueberry pancakes, etc.
- Helped me through my first bout of Mastitis - was there with cabbage leaves, suggestions, etc.
- If my toddler hadn’t just woken up the list would go on.
We started working with Michele when our little guy was about 6 weeks old. It was a godsend. I was able to get out of the house, and in the short time while I was out, she would get our fussy babe to sleep, cook dinner, organize the house, help with laundry, etc. She even went so far as to help clean red wine stains out of a white rug, after I’d tripped over an entire glass of red wine in a MOTN feeding! I have no idea how she does it all. She’s so creative, energetic and genuinely loves little ones. She always sent pics of what they’re up to, and gave me ease while I was gone. She brought sanity to our insanity in those first few fragile weeks. We still have her come over for babysitting. She’s punctual, thoughtful and always came up with creative ways to help our kid who hated sleeping, to sleep!
I hired Michele when my nearly 4 month old started having serious sleeping issues - aggressively resisting attempts to sleep and waking every hour (on the hour!) at night to either cry or feed. Michele worked with us 2-3 nights / week for a month and provided much needed support to keep my sanity! She not only provided relief from sleepless nights, but was also a great thought partner in helping us get into a better sleep routine.
- Gave suggestions on different techniques to get and keep our baby asleep. For example, she found that we probably ditched the swaddle too early, so tried partial swaddling again. Made a difference in helping her nap and sleep longer.
- Helped us test different feeding and sleeping strategies. While Michele worked with us, our baby suddenly stopped taking my breast milk from a bottle (despite taking formula from a bottle and breastfeeding no problem!) She helped us test whether it was a timing issue / bottle issue / etc. until we found a solution.
- Kept detailed reports of feeding / sleeping / diaper routine at night
- Cleaned (and sanitized) bottles and pump parts
- Provided much needed household support: cleaned dishes, folded laundry, kept our apartment tidy (much of it without us asking!)
Thank you Michele!
= Available. Calendar last updated: 6/27/2019 12:04:09 AM